High School, Inc. welcomes your participation whether you have a few hours to give or much more. Your involvement will make a difference in a student’s life. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
Participate in “Corporate Conversations”
Provide opportunities for students to engage with and learn from business partners, corporate executives and community advocates on topics relative to professionalism, financial services and business acumen.
Volunteer for Academy Activities
Plan/host student job shadowing experiences and field trips; attend/present industry information and opportunities at student conferences.
Share Your Knowledge as a Tutor
Help students understand how their coursework applies in the real world.
- Become an Academy Student Mentor
Maintain regular contact with a student (once or twice per month) over one to three years; provide personal and professional development opportunities; and exposure to career possibilities within the insurance and financial services industries.
- Join the Advisory Board
Offer guidance and advice between the school’s administration and the business community; and dedicated support for a student internship.
Every day, students and teachers across our school division benefit from the generosity of volunteers who take the time to share their time and talents with our children. The countless tasks performed by volunteers are vital to the continued operation and success of our schools. Sharing your life experiences, memories, technical know-how, or friendship with a young person can make a huge impact on a student’s life and achievement.
There are many ways to volunteer in our school! Here are some ways you can help:
• Tutor an individual or a small group of students in an academic subject.
• Mentor a student and motivate him/her to excel.
• Share your special skill, hobby, collection or story to enrich the curriculum.
• Translate and interpret for our families who are non-native English speakers.
• Assist a teacher in the classroom.
• Help with clerical tasks in the main office.
• Lunch or hallway duty.
• Chaperone a class or club field trip.
• Help set up and organize for family nights.
• Join the HSI parent group.
• Sponsor or assist with an extracurricular club.
• Ask if there is anything else you can do!